He hath slept in a bed of saffron. In Latin dormivit in
sacco croci. meaning he has a very light heart, in reference to the
exhilarating effects of saffron,
With genial joy to warm his soul
Helen mixed saffron in the bowl.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Saffron from Infoplease:
- saffron - saffron saffron, name for a fall-flowering plant (Crocus sativus) of the family Iridaceae (iris ...
- meadow saffron - meadow saffron meadow saffron or autumn crocus,perennial garden ornamental (Colchicum autumnale) of ...
- saffron: meaning and definitions - saffron: Definition and Pronunciation
- autumn crocus: meaning and definitions - autumn crocus: Definition and Pronunciation
- Saffron - Saffron He hath slept in a bed of saffron. In Latin dormivit in sacco croci. meaning he has a very ...