Daughter of Ptolemy, King of Egypt, rescued by St. George from
the fangs of the giant, and ultimately married to her deliverer. She is
represented as pure in mind, saintly in character, a perfect citizen,
daughter, and wife. Her three sons, born at a birth, were named Guy,
Alexander, and David. Sabra died from the “pricks of a thorny brake.”
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Sabra from Infoplease:
- sabra: meaning and definitions - sabra: Definition and Pronunciation
- Sabra - Sabra Daughter of Ptolemy, King of Egypt, rescued by St. George from the fangs of the giant, and ...
- Suggestions for spelling of sobhuza-02 - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Cimarron - Starring Glenn Ford, Maria Schell, Anne Baxter, Arthur O'Connell, Russ Tamblyn
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index S, s Sa S.A.A. Saadi Saar Saarbrücken Saaremaa Saarinen Saarland Saavedra ...