Jean Dumont, the French painter, le Romain (1700-1781).
Stephen Picart, the French engraver, le Romain (1631-1721).
Giulio Pippi, Giulio Romano (1492-1546).
Adrian van Roomen, the mathematician, Adrianus Romanus (1561-1615).
Most learned of the Romans.
Marcus Terentius Varro (B.C. 116-28). Last of the Romans. Rienzi (1310-1354).
Last of the Romans.
Charles James Fox (1749-1806.) (See Sidney.) Ultimus
Romanorum. Horace Walpole (1717-1797). (See Last.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Roman from Infoplease:
- Romanize: meaning and definitions - Romanize: Definition and Pronunciation
- Romans - Romans Romans, letter of the New Testament, written by St. Paul, probably from Corinth before his ...
- Romance languages - Romance languages Romance languages, group of languages belonging to the Italic subfamily of the ...
- Ruth Roman - Ruth Roman Age: 75 actress who combined good-girl wholesomeness with bad-girl edge. She starred in ...
- A History of the New Year - A History of the New Year A move from March to January by Borgna Brunner New Year's Features ...