Father of Parody. Hippomax of Ephesus, The word parody means an
ode which perverts the meaning of another ode. (Greek, para ode.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Parody from Infoplease:
- parody: meaning and definitions - parody: Definition and Pronunciation
- parody - parody parody, mocking imitation in verse or prose of a literary work. The following poem by Robert ...
- A Parody - Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave. 1 - Appendix A ParodyA Parody ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/parody - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Parody - Parody Father of Parody. Hippomax of Ephesus, The word parody means an ode which perverts the ...