The advocate; one called to aid or support another. (The
word paraclete is from the Greek para-kaleo, to call to; and
advocate is from the Latin ad-voco, the same thing.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Paraclete from Infoplease:
- Paraclete - Paraclete Paraclete , in the New Testament, title of the Holy Spirit, often translated as ...
- paraclete: meaning and definitions - paraclete: Definition and Pronunciation
- Paraclete - Paraclete The advocate; one called to aid or support another. (The word paraclete is from the Greek ...
- Peter Abelard: Life - Life Abelard went (c.1100) to Paris to study under William of Champeaux at the school of Notre Dame ...
- Holy Spirit - Holy Spirit Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost[ghost, i.e., spirit, a translation of Gr. pneuma=breath, ...