(Maid of). Margaret, infant queen of Scotland. She was
the daughter of Eric II., King of Norway, and Margaret, daughter of
Alexander III. of Scotland. She never actually reigned, as she died on
her passage to Scotland in 1290.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Norway from Infoplease:
- Dependencies of Norway - Read about the geography, population, and characteristics of Norway's dependencies, which include Svalbard, Bouvet Island, and Jan Mayen Island.
- Norway - Map of Norway & articles on flags, geography, history, statistics, disasters current events, and international relations.
- Norway - Information on Norway — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.
- red pine: meaning and definitions - red pine: Definition and Pronunciation
- Easter Around the World - Easter Traditions in Various Countries