(Economy, Latin medium, the golden mean.)
Step-sister of Elissa and Perissa, but they could never agree upon any
subject. (Spenser: Faërie Queene, book ii.)
means in Arabic “city.” The city so called is “Medinat al Nabi”
(city of the prophet).
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Medina from Infoplease:
- Medina, city, Saudi Arabia - Medina Medina , Arabic Medinat an-Nabi [city of the Prophet] or Madinat Rasul Allah [city of the ...
- José Toribio Medina - Medina, José Toribio Medina, José Toribio , 1852–1930, Chilean scholar. He ...
- medina: meaning and definitions - medina: Definition and Pronunciation
- Medina, city, United States - Medina Medina , city (1990 pop. 19,231), seat of Medina co., N Ohio; laid out 1818, inc. as a city ...
- Medina - Medina (Economy, Latin medium, the golden mean.) Step-sister of Elissa and Perissa, but they could ...