Mayors of the Palace
(Maire du Palais). Superintendents of the king's
household, and stewards of the royal leudes or companies of
France before the accession of the Carlovingian dynasty.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Mayors of the Palace from Infoplease:
- mayor of the palace: meaning and definitions - mayor of the palace: Definition and Pronunciation
- Carloman, d. 754, mayor of the palace in the kingdom of Austrasia, brother of Pepin the Short - Carloman Carloman, d. 754, mayor of the palace in the kingdom of Austrasia after the death (741) of ...
- Mayors of the Palace - Mayors of the Palace (Maire du Palais). Superintendents of the king's household, and stewards ...
- Clotaire II - Clotaire II Clotaire II, d. 629, Frankish king, son of Chilperic I and Fredegunde. He succeeded ...
- Herstal - Herstal Herstal , Fr. Héristal, commune (1991 pop. 36,451), Liège prov., E Belgium, ...