The Great Magician or Wizard of the North. Professor
Wilson calls Sir Walter Scott the Great Magician, from the wonderful
fascination of his writings.
Magician of the North.
The title assumed by Johann Georg Hamann, of Prussia (1730-1788).
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Magician from Infoplease:
- The Magician - Starring Scott Ryan, Ben Walker, Massimiliano Andrighetto, Kane Mason, Nathaniel Lindsay
- magician: meaning and definitions - magician: Definition and Pronunciation
- David Copperfield - Biography of David Copperfield, The magician who made the Statue of Liberty disappear
- Harry Houdini - Biography of Harry Houdini, The world's greatest escape artist
- Siegfried and Roy - Biography of Siegfried and Roy, The tiger-loving Las Vegas magicians of the 1990s