To cut one's lucky. To decamp or make off quickly: I must cut
my stick As luck means chance, the phrase may signify, “I must
give up my chance and be off.” (See Cut...)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Lucky from Infoplease:
- lucky: meaning and definitions - lucky: Definition and Pronunciation
- Friday the 13th - Friday the 13th Unlucky No. 13 combines Christian and pagan beliefs by David Johnson Related Links ...
- Sports Superstitions - Sports Superstitions Common superstitions in baseball, basketball, and more by Michael Morrison ...
- Sports Superstitions: The Number 13 - Sports and the Number 13 A handful of athletes who dared to wear the infamous number by Michael ...
- Lucky - Starring Salman Khan, Mithun Chakraborty, Kader Khan, Navni Parihar, Ravi Baswani