to whom Richard Love-lace sang, was Lucy Sacheverell, called
by him lux casta, i.e. Chaste Lucy.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Lucasta from Infoplease:
- Anna Lucasta - Starring Eartha Kitt, Sammy Davis Jr.
- Lucasta - Lucasta to whom Richard Love-lace sang, was Lucy Sacheverell, called by him lux casta, i.e. Chaste ...
- Robert Graves: To Lucasta on Going to the War— for the Fourth Time - It doesn't matter what's the cause, What wrong they say we're righting, A curse for treaties, bonds and laws, When we're to do the fighting! And since
- Richard Lovelace - Lovelace, Richard Lovelace, Richard, 1618–1657?, one of the English Cavalier poets. He was ...
- Robert Graves: Two Fusiliers - And have we done with War at last? Well, we've been lucky devils both, And there's no need of pledge or oath To bind our lovely friendship fast, By fi