By'r Lakin. An oath, meaning “By our Lady-kin,” or Little
Lady, where little does not refer to size, but is equivalent to dear.
“By'r Lakin, a parlous [perilous] fear.” —Shakespeare: A
Midsummer Night's Dream, iii. 1.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Lakin from Infoplease:
- lakin: meaning and definitions - lakin: Definition and Pronunciation
- Lakin - Lakin By'r Lakin. An oath, meaning “By our Lady-kin,” or Little Lady, where little ...
- Dark Mirror - Starring Lisa Vidal, David Chisum, Joshua Pelegrin, Lupe Ontiveros, Christine Lakin
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index L, l L1 L2 la laager Laaland lab La Baie Laban Laban dance notation system labarum ...
- Super Capers - Starring Doug Jones, Tom Sizemore, Christine Lakin, Adam West, Tommy 'Tiny' Lister