A Greek numeral = 90. (See Episemon.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Koppa from Infoplease:
- koppa: meaning and definitions - koppa: Definition and Pronunciation
- Koppa - Koppa A Greek numeral = 90. (See Episemon.) Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham ...
- Q, letter of the alphabet - Q Q, 17th letter of the alphabet, corresponding to the koppa of western Greek alphabets. U must ...
- Episemon - Episemon in Greek numerals, is a sign standing for a numeral. Thus, episemon bau generally called ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: K - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "K"