A day and night of Brahmâ, a period of 4,320,000,000
solar-sidereal years. Some say there are an infinity of Kalpas, others
limit the number to thirty. A Great Kalpa is a life of Brahmâ; the
whole duration of time from the creation to the destruction of the
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Kalpa from Infoplease:
- kalpa: meaning and definitions - kalpa: Definition and Pronunciation
- Kalpa - Kalpa A day and night of Brahmâ, a period of 4,320,000,000 solar-sidereal years. Some say ...
- Kalpa-Tarou - Kalpa-Tarou A tree in Indian mythology from which might be gathered whatever a person desired. This ...
- Brahma - Brahma Brahma , a god often identified, with Vishnu and Shiva, as one of the three supreme gods in ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index K, k K2 kA Kaapstad kab Ka`ba kabab kabaka kabala Kabalevsky kabalistic Kabardian ...