is Caesar's-ey —i.e. Caesar's island. so called in
honour of Julius Caesar.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Jersey from Infoplease:
- jersey: meaning and definitions - jersey: Definition and Pronunciation
- Jersey - Map of Jersey & articles on flags, geography, history, statistics, disasters current events, and international relations.
- Virginia pine: meaning and definitions - Virginia pine: Definition and Pronunciation
- Channel Islands: Jersey and Guernsey - Information on Channel Islands: Jersey and Guernsey — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities.
- Albatross Flies Off Course to New Jersey - Albatross Flies Off Course to New Jersey by David Johnson Related Links Encyclopedia: Albatross ...