To be on the high horse or To ride the high horse. To be
over-bearing and arrogant. (For explanation see Horse, “To
get upon your high horse”.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on High Horse from Infoplease:
- high horse: meaning and definitions - high horse: Definition and Pronunciation
- High Horse - High Horse To be on the high horse or To ride the high horse. To be over-bearing and arrogant. (For ...
- Montgomerie's Peggy - Poems and Songs of Robert Burnsby Robert Burns Ah, Woe Is Me, My Mother Dear Ploughman's Life, ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index hid hidalgo Hidalgo y Costilla Hidatsa hidden hidden agenda hiddenite hidden tax ...
- Gay Girl - Gay Girl A woman of light or extravagant habits. Lady Anne Berkeley, dissatisfied with the conduct ...