Of aristocratic birth; “D'une haute naissance”; “Summo loos
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on High-born from Infoplease:
- High-born - High-born Of aristocratic birth; “D'une haute naissance”; “Summo loos ...
- highborn: meaning and definitions - highborn: Definition and Pronunciation
- Walt Whitman: To the Pending Year - Have I no weapon-word for thee—some message brief and fierce? (Have I fought out and done indeed the battle?) Is there no shot left, For all thy affec
- Walt Whitman: Ethiopia Saluting the Colors - Who are you dusky woman, so ancient hardly human, With your woolly-white and turban'd head, and bare bony feet? Why rising by the roadside here, do yo
- Saint Francis Borgia - Francis Borgia, Saint Francis Borgia, Saint , 1510–72, Spanish Roman Catholic reformer, third ...