A book containing the text of the Bible in Hebrew and Greek,
with four translations, viz. the Septuagint, with those of Aquila,
Theodotion, and Symmachus. The whole is printed in six columns on the
page. This was the work of Origen, who also added marginal notes.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Hexapla from Infoplease:
- Hexapla - Hexapla Hexapla [Gr.,=sixfold], polyglot edition of the Hebrew Bible prepared by Origen ...
- hexapla: meaning and definitions - hexapla: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/hexapla - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Hexapla - Hexapla A book containing the text of the Bible in Hebrew and Greek, with four translations, viz. ...
- Polyglot Bible - Polyglot Bible Polyglot Bible , Bible in which different texts, often in different languages, are ...