The squire of Durandartë. Mourning the fall of his master at
Roncesvallës, he was turned into the river which bears the same name. (Don Quixote, ii. 23.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Guadiana from Infoplease:
- Guadiana - Guadiana Guadiana , river, 510 mi (821 km) long, rising in the La Mancha Plateau, E Spain. It flows ...
- Guadiana: meaning and definitions - Guadiana: Definition and Pronunciation
- Guadiana - Guadiana The squire of Durandartë. Mourning the fall of his master at Roncesvallës, he ...
- Sierra de Guadalupe - Guadalupe, Sierra de Guadalupe, Sierra de , mountain range, W Spain, in Extremadura, between the ...
- Ciudad Real - Ciudad Real Ciudad Real , city (1990 pop. 58,170), capital of Ciudad Real prov., central Spain, in ...