(3 syl.; g hard). Jove's cup-bearer; the most beautiful
boy ever born. He succeeded Hebe in office.
When Ganymede above
His service ministers to mighty Jove.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Ganymede from Infoplease:
- Ganymede - Ganymede Ganymede, 3,275 mi (5,270 km) in diameter, is Jupiter's largest moon, and it is also ...
- Ganymede, in Greek mythology - Ganymede Ganymede, in Greek mythology, a youth of great beauty. He was carried off by Zeus to be ...
- Ganymede: meaning and definitions - Ganymede: Definition and Pronunciation
- Ganymede, in astronomy - Ganymede Ganymede , in astronomy, one of the moons, or natural satellites, of Jupiter; the largest ...
- Ganymede - Ganymede (3 syl.; g hard). Jove's cup-bearer; the most beautiful boy ever born. He succeeded ...