Goblins of the north of France, who live in the houses of
simple rustics, and can be expelled neither by water nor exorcism. They
can be heard but are never seen. In the singular number, “esprit
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Follets from Infoplease:
- Follets - Follets Goblins of the north of France, who live in the houses of simple rustics, and can be ...
- The Fire Within (Le Feu Follet) - Starring Jeanne Moreau, Maurice Ronet, Lena Skerla, Yvonne Clech, Hubert Deschamps
- Esprit Follet - Esprit Follet A bogle which delights in misleading and tormenting mortals. Source: Dictionary of ...
- Robert Marion La Follette: Other Family Members - Other Family Members Robert La Follete's wife, Belle Case La Follette,. 1859–1931, b. ...
- House Spirits - House Spirits Of DENMARK, Nis or Nisse (2 syl.). Of ENGLAND, Puck or Robin Goodfellow. Of FAROE ...