Fish and Flesh
You must not make fish of one and flesh of the other. You must
treat both alike. Fish is an inferior sort of animal food to flesh. The
alliteration has much to do with the phrase.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Fish and Flesh from Infoplease:
- Fish and Flesh - Fish and Flesh You must not make fish of one and flesh of the other. You must treat both alike. ...
- tuna: meaning and definitions - tuna: Definition and Pronunciation
- needlefish - needlefish needlefish, common name for members of the family Belonidae, which comprises 50 species ...
- Character of Charles Brown - Unpublished Poems of John Keats Sonnets For There’s Bishop’s Teign Character of Charles ...
- January 17, 1806 - The Journals of Lewis and Clarkby Meriwether Lewis and William Clark January 16, 1806 January 18, ...