The realm ruled over by Oberon, King of Faëry. King James says:
“I think it is liker Virgilis Campi Elysii nor anything that
ought to be believed by Christians.” (Dæmonology, iii. 5.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Elf-land from Infoplease:
- Elf-land - Elf-land The realm ruled over by Oberon, King of Faëry. King James says: “I think it is ...
- elfland: meaning and definitions - elfland: Definition and Pronunciation
- Rowland - Rowland (See Roland.) Childe Rowland. Youngest brother of the “fair burd Helen.” Guided ...
- Urgan - Urgan A mortal born and christened, but stolen by the king of the fairies and brought up in ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: E - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "E"