The meetings of the Welsh bards and others, now held annually,
for the encouragement of Welsh literature and music. (Welsh, “a
sessions,” from eistedd, to sit.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Eisteddfod from Infoplease:
- eisteddfod: meaning and definitions - eisteddfod: Definition and Pronunciation
- eisteddfod - eisteddfod eisteddfod [Welsh,=session], Welsh competitive festival. Contests traditionally are held ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/eisteddfod - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Eisteddfod - Eisteddfod The meetings of the Welsh bards and others, now held annually, for the encouragement of ...
- Mountain Ash, town, Wales - Mountain Ash Mountain Ash, Welsh Aberpennar, town (1981 pop. 26,231), Rhondda Cynon Taff, S Wales. ...