Dum Spiro, Spero
While I live, I hope; or, While there's life, there's hope.
Hope while you live, for who would care to cope
With life's three foes, unpanoplied with hope?
Hope against hope, while fed with vital breath.
Hope be your anchor in the hour of death
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Dum Spiro Spero from Infoplease:
- dum spiro, spero: meaning and definitions - dum spiro, spero: Definition and Pronunciation
- Dum Spiro, Spero - Dum Spiro, Spero While I live, I hope; or, While there's life, there's hope. Hope while you ...
- South Carolina: Facts and Figures - Facts and Figures Area, 31,055 sq mi (80,432 sq km). Pop. (2000) 4,012,012, a 15.1% increase since ...
- South Carolina - Information on South Carolina — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- State Mottoes: The 50 States - The following table includes a list of each state and their state motto in alphabetical order.