Draw the Long Bow
(To). To exaggerate. Some wonderful tales are told of Robin
Hood and other foresters practised in the long bow. (See BOW.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Draw the Long Bow from Infoplease:
- Draw the Long Bow - Draw the Long Bow (To). To exaggerate. Some wonderful tales are told of Robin Hood and other ...
- Hatchet - Hatchet [Greek axine, Latin ascia, Italian accetta, French hachette, our hatchet and axe.) To bury ...
- Bow - Bow (to rhyme with flow ). (Anglo-Saxon, boga; verb, bogan or bugan, to arch.) Draw not your bow ...
- Introduction - The Surprising Adventures Of Baron Munchausenby Rudolph Erich Raspe Travels of Baron Munchausen ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: D - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "D"