Oh, dear me! Regarded, but without evidence, as a corruption of the
Italian O Dio mio!
Dear Bought and Far Brought
or Dear bought and far felt. A gentle reproof for some
extravagant purchase of luxury.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Dear from Infoplease:
- dear: meaning and definitions - dear: Definition and Pronunciation
- Cleveland DEAR - Cleveland DEAR (1888-1950) DEAR, Cleveland, a Representative from Louisiana; born in Sugartown, ...
- Yes, Dear - Yes, Dear CBS Monday 8:30–9:00 p.m. Cast: Anthony Clark, Jean Louisa Kelly, Liza Snyder, Mike ...
- The Laddie's Dear Sel' - Poems and Songs of Robert Burnsby Robert Burns Carle, An The King Come Whistle O'er The Lave ...
- Dear - Dear Oh, dear me! Regarded, but without evidence, as a corruption of the Italian O Dio mio! Dear ...