A crane-fly; sometimes applied to the long-legged spiders
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Daddy Long-legs from Infoplease:
- Daddy Long-legs - Daddy Long-legs A crane-fly; sometimes applied to the long-legged spiders called ...
- Roland Petit - Petit, Roland Petit, Roland, 1924–, French dancer and choreographer, b. Villemoble. Petit ...
- ARACHNIDS - A large group of eight-legged arthropods, arachnids include spiders, scorpions, ticks, and mites. All scorpions and spiders are meat-eating hunters. T
- 1955 Academy Awards - 1955 Academy Awards The 1955 Academy Awards were presented March 21, 1956 at the RKO Pantages ...
- Nora Ephron - Biography of Nora Ephron, The writer and director of Sleepless In Seattle