The sum paid by a speculator on a “bull account” (i.e. a
speculation on the rise in the price of certain stock), to defer
completing the bargain till the next settling day. (See
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Contango from Infoplease:
- contango: meaning and definitions - contango: Definition and Pronunciation
- Contango - Contango The sum paid by a speculator on a “bull account” (i.e. a speculation on the ...
- Backwardation - Backwardation (Stockbrokers' term). The sum paid by a speculator on a “bear ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index con CONAD Conakry con amore Conan con anima Conant con artist conation conative ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: C - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "C"