= money. (See Coal)
(King). A legendary British king, described as “a merry
old soul” fond of his pipe, fond of his glass, and fond of his
“fiddlers three.” (Kg. Coïl, i.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Cole from Infoplease:
- cole: meaning and definitions - cole: Definition and Pronunciation
- Timothy Cole - Cole, Timothy Cole, Timothy, 1852–1931, American wood engraver, b. London. He came to the ...
- Thomas Cole - Cole, Thomas Cole, Thomas, 1801–48, American landscape painter, b. England. He arrived in the ...
- Rebecca Cole - Rebecca Cole physician Born: 1846 Birthplace: Philadelphia, Pa. Born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, ...
- Nat "King" Cole - Cole, Nat “King,” Cole, Nat “King,” 1919–65, American musician and ...