(A). A civic or municipal magistrate, as distinguished
from ecclesiastical authority.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Civil Magistrate from Infoplease:
- Civil Magistrate - Civil Magistrate (A). A civic or municipal magistrate, as distinguished from ecclesiastical ...
- syndic: meaning and definitions - syndic: Definition and Pronunciation
- Roger Williams - Williams, Roger Williams, Roger, c.1603–1683, clergyman, advocate of religious freedom, ...
- Brutus IV - There can be no free government where the people are not possessed of the power of making the laws by which they are governed, either in their own per
- Engel v. Vitale (1962) - Engel v. Vitale (1962) Historical Background After World War II, the United States experienced ...