(The), or The Kelts. This family of nations
includes the Irish, Erse, Manx, Welsh, Cornish, and Low Bretons.
According to historic fable, Celtina was the daughter of Britannus. She
had a son by Hercules, named Celtus, the progenitor of the Celts.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Celts from Infoplease:
- Conradus Protucius Celtes - Celtes, Conradus Protucius Celtes, Conradus Protucius , pseud. of Konrad Pickel, 1459–1508, ...
- celt: meaning and definitions - celt: Definition and Pronunciation
- Celt - Celt Celt or Kelt. 1. One who speaks a Celtic language or who derives ancestry from an area where a ...
- CELTS - The tribespeople who lived in western Europe before the Roman conquest were called Celts. Each tribe was made up of three main classes—druids, warrior
- The Mighty Celt - Starring Gillian Anderson, Robert Carlyle, Ken Stott, Sean McGinley, Tyrone McKenna