(A ). A very dear friend. Nathan says, “It lay in his
bosom, and was unto him as a daughter.” (2 Sam. xii. 3.) Bosom friend,
amie du cur. St. John is represented in the New Testament as the
“bosom friend” of Jesus.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Bosom Friend from Infoplease:
- Bosom Friend - Bosom Friend (A ). A very dear friend. Nathan says, “It lay in his bosom, and was unto him as ...
- bosom: meaning and definitions - bosom: Definition and Pronunciation
- Poetry for Fall - Poems in honor of fall
- To Autumn - Unpublished Poems of John Keats Ode on indolence Ode To Autumn Season of mists and mellow ...
- To Autumn - Lamia, Isabella, The Eve of St. Agnes and Other Poemsby John Keats Robin Hood Ode on Melancholy To ...