(A). A pitcher of water, book, or something else,
balanced gingerly on the top of a door set ajar, so that when the booby
or victim is enticed to pass through the door, the pitcher or book
falls on him.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Booby-trap from Infoplease:
- booby trap: meaning and definitions - booby trap: Definition and Pronunciation
- Booby-trap - Booby-trap (A). A pitcher of water, book, or something else, balanced gingerly on the top of a door ...
- Cube - Starring Nicole deBoer, Nicky Huadagni, David Hewlett, Andrew Miller, Wayne Robson
- The Small Back Room - Starring David Farrar, Kathleen Byron, Jack Hawkins, Leslie Banks, Michael Gough
- Doogal - Starring Daniel Tay, Jimmy Fallon, Jon Stewart, Whoopi Goldberg, William H. Macy