A smart overcoat; so called from a tailor of the name, and
rendered popular by its association with Joseph's “coat of many
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Benjamin from Infoplease:
- benjamin: meaning and definitions - benjamin: Definition and Pronunciation
- Asher Benjamin - Benjamin, Asher Benjamin, Asher, 1773–1845, American architect, b. Greenfield, Mass. His ...
- Park Benjamin - Benjamin, Park Benjamin, Park, 1809–64, American journalist, b. British Guiana (now Guyana). ...
- Walter Benjamin - Benjamin, Walter Benjamin, Walter, 1892–1940, German essayist and critic. He is known for his ...
- Benjamin-Constant: meaning and definitions - Benjamin-Constant: Definition and Pronunciation