The angel that watches over the dying, and takes the
soul from the body. The angel of death. He will be the last to die, but
will do so at the second trump of the archangel.
“The Mohammedan doctors say that Azrael was commissioned to inflict
the penalty of death on all mankind.” —H. Christmas.
The wings of Azrael.
The approach of death; the signs of death coming on the dying.
“Those who listen in the ... watches of the night for the wings of
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Azrael from Infoplease:
- Azrael - Azrael Azrael [Heb.,=help of god], in the Qur'an, angel of death, who severs the soul from the ...
- Azrael: meaning and definitions - Azrael: Definition and Pronunciation
- Robert Gilbert Welsh: Azrael - The angels in high places Who minister to us, Reflect God's smile, — their faces Are luminous; Save one, whose face is hidden, (The Prophet saith), Th
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/azrael - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Azrael - Azrael (3 syl.). The angel that watches over the dying, and takes the soul from the body. The angel ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring