White Lady of Avenel. A tutelary spirit in
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Avenel from Infoplease:
- Avenel - Avenel (2 syl.). White Lady of Avenel. A tutelary spirit in Scott's Monastery. Source: ...
- All Hallows' Eve - All Hallows' Eve The Scotch tradition is, that those born on All Hallows' Eve have the gift ...
- May Molloch - May Molloch or The Maid of the Hairy Arms. An elf who condescends to mingle in ordinary sports, and ...
- Fairies - Fairies good and bad. AFREET or EFREET, one of the Jinn tribe, of which there are five. (See Story ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: A - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "A"