Degrees in Arts. In the mediæval ages the full course consisted
of the three subjects which constituted the Trivium and the four
subjects which constituted the Quadrivium:
The Trivium was grammar, logic, and rhetoric.
The Quadrivium was music, arithmetic, geometry, and astronomy.
The Master of Arts was the person qualified to teach or be the master
of students in arts; as the Doctor was the person qualified to teach
theology, law, or medicine.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Arts from Infoplease:
- artful: meaning and definitions - artful: Definition and Pronunciation
- art - art. art. The major general surveys on topics in the fine arts are painting; sculpture; drawing; ...
- Art Page - Find an art glossary, definitions of art movements, biographies of artists and photographers, museum information, and more
- Roman art - Roman art Roman art, works of art produced in ancient Rome and its far-flung provinces. Sections in ...
- Egyptian art - Egyptian art Egyptian art, works of art created in the geographic area constituting the nation of ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring