The Wall of Antonine. A turf entrenchment raised by the Romans
from Dunglass Castle, on the Clyde, to Caer Ridden Kirk, near the Firth
of Forth under the direction of Lollius Urbicus, legate of Antoninus
Pius, A.D 140.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Antoninus from Infoplease:
- Wall of Antoninus - Antoninus, Wall of Antoninus, Wall of, ancient Roman wall extending across N Britain from the Firth ...
- Saint Antoninus - Antoninus, Saint Antoninus, Saint , 1389–1459, Italian churchman, b. Antoninus Pierozzi. He ...
- Marcus Aurelius: meaning and definitions - Marcus Aurelius: Definition and Pronunciation
- Marcus Aurelius - Marcus Aurelius Marcus Aurelius (Marcus Aelius Aurelius Antoninus), 121–180, Roman emperor, ...
- Caracalla: meaning and definitions - Caracalla: Definition and Pronunciation