a German. The French Allemand, a German, which, of
course, is the classic Alamani or Alamanni. Similarly,
Almany = Germany, French, Allemagne.
“Chonodomarius and Vestralpus, Aleman kings, ... sat them downe neere
unto Argentoratum.” Holland: Ammianus Marcellius.
“Now Fulko comes ... And dwelt in Amany.” —Harrington: Orlando
Furioso , iii. 30.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Alman from Infoplease:
- Alman - Alman a German. The French Allemand, a German, which, of course, is the classic Alamani or ...
- Mansur, al-: meaning and definitions - Mansur, al-: Definition and Pronunciation
- God, the Devil, and Bob - God, the Devil, and Bob NBC Midseason debut Tuesday 8:30–9:00 p.m.; canceled Voices of: James ...
- Tribune of the People - Tribune of the People (A). A democratic leader. “Delmar had often spoken of Alman, and of his ...
- German Comb - German Comb The four fingers and thumb. “Se pygnoit du pygne d' Almaing” ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring