All for a Song!
The exclamation of Burleigh, when Queen Elizabeth ordered him
to give #100 to Spencer for a royal gratuity.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on All for a Song from Infoplease:
- All for a Song! - All for a Song! The exclamation of Burleigh, when Queen Elizabeth ordered him to give #100 to ...
- A Line-storm Song - THE line-storm clouds fly tattered and swift, The road is forlorn all day, Where a myriad snowy quartz stones lift, And the hoof-prints vanish away. T
- Walt Whitman: Proud Music of the Storm, Part 6 - Then I woke softly, And pausing, questioning awhile the music of my dream, And questioning all those reminiscences, the tempest in its fury, And all t
- Walt Whitman: Proud Music of the Storm, Part 3 - Ah from a little child, Thou knowest soul how to me all sounds became music, My mother's voice in lullaby or hymn, (The voice, O tender voices, memory
- Patty Schemel - Biography of Patty Schemel, At age 11, Patty Schemel learned how to play the drums. By age 15, she had formed her first band, Sybil, with her brother Larry. In 1987, sh…