were compiled by Babrios, a Greek, who lived in the Alexandrian age.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Aesop's Fables from Infoplease:
- Aesop's Fables - Aesop embodies an epigram not uncommon in human history; his fame is all the more deserved because he never deserved it. The firm foundations of commo
- Aesop's Fables - Æsop's Fables Æ′sop's Fables were compiled by Babrios, a Greek, who lived ...
- fable: meaning and definitions - fable: Definition and Pronunciation
- Planudes Maximus - Planudes Maximus Planudes Maximus or Maximus Planudes,c.1260–c.1330, Byzantine scholar, an ...
- Famous Rabbits Quiz: 1 - Famous Rabbits Quiz Funny bunny trivia from page and screen Click here for quizzes about famous ...