The reverse of a-lee. “A-weather” is towards the
weather, or the side on which the wind strikes. “A-lee” is in the lee
or shelter, and therefore opposite to the wind side; as helm
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on A-weather from Infoplease:
- weather: meaning and definitions - weather: Definition and Pronunciation
- weatherize: meaning and definitions - weatherize: Definition and Pronunciation
- weathering - weathering weathering, collective term for the processes by which rock at or near the earth's ...
- Weather - Infoplease is the world's largest free reference site. Facts on weather, space, astronomy, explorations, inventions, aviation, computers, science, and the Internet.
- weather - weather weather, state of the atmosphere at a given time and place with regard to temperature, air ...