| Share

The Question:

Please help me find a word spelled similar to adelpated that means absent-minded, scatter-brained, or forgetful. I've heard the word used but never seen it in print.

The Answer:

The word you're looking for is "addlepated." It's derived from "addled," which means "confused or muddled," and "pate," which means "head."

—The Editors

24 X 7

Private Tutor

Click Here for Details
24 x 7 Tutor Availability
Unlimited Online Tutoring
1-on-1 Tutoring