Fourth Prapathaka: Fifteenth Khanda
1. He said: “The person that is seen in the eye, that is the Self. This is the immortal, the fearless, this is Brahman”. Even though they drop melted butter or water on him, it runs away on both sides.
2. “They call him Samyadvama, for all blessings (vama) go towards him (samyanti). All blessings go towards him who knows this.
3. “He is also Vamani, for he leads (nayati) all blessings (vama). He leads all blessings who knows this.
4. “He is also Bhamani, for he shines (bhati) in all worlds. He who knows this, shines in all worlds.
5. “Now (if one who knows this, dies), whether people perform obsequies for him or no, he goes to light (arkis), from light to day, from day to the light half of the moon, from the light half of the moon to the six months during which the sun goes to the north, from the months to the year, from the year to the sun, from the sun to the moon, from the moon to the lightning. There is a person not human,
6. “He leads them to Brahman. This is the path of the Devas, the path that leads to Brahman. Those who proceed on that path, do not return to the life of man, yea, they do not return.”