Woman suffrage by federal constitutional amendment, comp. by Carrie Chapman Catt : Stories, History
Woman Suffrage is coming-no intelligent person in the United States or in the world will deny that fact. The most an intelligent opponent expects to accomplish is to postpone its establishment as long as possible. When it come and how it will come are still open questions. Woman Suffrage by Federal Amendment is supported by seven main reasons. These main reasons are evaded or avoided; they are not answered.
Chapter I Why the Federal Amendment?
- 1. Keeping Pace With Other Countries Demands It.
- 2. Equal Rights Demands It.
- 3. Relief from Unjust Constitutional Obstructions Demands It.
- 4. Protection from Inadequate Election Laws Demands It.
- 5. Equal Status of Men and Women Voters Demands It.
- 6. National Significance of Question Demands It.
- 7. Treatment of Question Demands Intelligence.