Minority Oscar Winners in Major Acting Categories: Penelope Cruz
1. Hattie McDaniel 2. JosÃ© Ferrer 3. Anthony Quinn 4. Rita Moreno 5. Sidney Poitier 6. Sacheen Littlefeather 7. Louis Gossett, Jr. 8. Whoopi Goldberg 9. Mercedes Ruehl 10. Cuba Gooding, Jr. 11. Benicio del Toro 12. Halle Berry & Denzel Washington 13. Jamie Foxx & Morgan Freeman 14. Forest Whitaker 15. Jennifer Hudson 16. Javier Bardem 17. Penelope Cruz 18. Mo'Nique 19. Octavia Spencer 20. Lupita Nyong'o
<< Prev Next >>
- Penelope Cruz
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role for Vicky Cristina Barcelona, 2008
- The year following her Oscar win, Penelope Cruz was nominated again in the Best Supporting Actress category for Nine, becoming the first Spanish actor to be nominated twice in the same category. With her 2008 win she became the first Spanish actress to win an Academy Award. She was also the first Spanish actress to receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. In 2006, Cruz was nominated for Best Actress in a Lead Role for Volver, becoming the second person to be nominated for a Spanish film. Cathalina Sandino Moreno was the first for 2004's Maria Full of Grace.
- Photo source: AP Photo/Evan Agostini
- Did you know?
- For more than a billion Muslims around the world, Ramadan is a "month of blessing" marked by prayer, fasting, and charity.