Minority Oscar Winners in Major Acting Categories: Javier Bardem
1. Hattie McDaniel 2. JosÃ© Ferrer 3. Anthony Quinn 4. Rita Moreno 5. Sidney Poitier 6. Sacheen Littlefeather 7. Louis Gossett, Jr. 8. Whoopi Goldberg 9. Mercedes Ruehl 10. Cuba Gooding, Jr. 11. Benicio del Toro 12. Halle Berry & Denzel Washington 13. Jamie Foxx & Morgan Freeman 14. Forest Whitaker 15. Jennifer Hudson 16. Javier Bardem 17. Penelope Cruz 18. Mo'Nique 19. Octavia Spencer 20. Lupita Nyong'o
<< Prev Next >>
- Javier Bardem
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role for No Country for Old Men, 2007
- Javier Bardem became the first Spanish actor to be nominated for an Oscar in 2000 for Before Night Falls. So it's only fitting that he became the first Spanish actor to win one for 2007's No Country for Old Men. Bardem has also won five Goya Awards, a Golden Globe, a BAFTA, the Best Actor prize at Cannes, and many more awards. He is married to fellow Oscar winner Penelope Cruz.
- Photo source: AP Photo/Kevork Djansezian
- Did you know?
- For more than a billion Muslims around the world, Ramadan is a "month of blessing" marked by prayer, fasting, and charity.