Minority Oscar Winners in Major Acting Categories
1. Hattie McDaniel 2. José Ferrer 3. Anthony Quinn 4. Rita Moreno 5. Sidney Poitier 6. Sacheen Littlefeather 7. Louis Gossett, Jr. 8. Whoopi Goldberg 9. Mercedes Ruehl 10. Cuba Gooding, Jr. 11. Benicio del Toro 12. Halle Berry & Denzel Washington 13. Jamie Foxx & Morgan Freeman 14. Forest Whitaker 15. Jennifer Hudson 16. Javier Bardem 17. Penelope Cruz 18. Mo'Nique 19. Octavia Spencer 20. Lupita Nyong'o
- Forest Whitaker
- Best Actor in a Leading Role for The Last King of Scotland, 2006
- For his role as the Ugandan dictator, Idi Amin, in 2006's The Last King of Scotland, Forest Whitaker won the Oscar, Golden Globe, British Academy Film Award, Nation Board of Review Award, Screen Actors Guild Award, and many others. He has also appeared in Lee Daniels' The Butler, Bird, The Crying Game, and Platoon.
- Photo source: AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill
- Did you know?
- For more than a billion Muslims around the world, Ramadan is a "month of blessing" marked by prayer, fasting, and charity.