Minority Oscar Winners in Major Acting Categories
1. Hattie McDaniel 2. José Ferrer 3. Anthony Quinn 4. Rita Moreno 5. Sidney Poitier 6. Sacheen Littlefeather 7. Louis Gossett, Jr. 8. Whoopi Goldberg 9. Mercedes Ruehl 10. Cuba Gooding, Jr. 11. Benicio del Toro 12. Halle Berry & Denzel Washington 13. Jamie Foxx & Morgan Freeman 14. Forest Whitaker 15. Jennifer Hudson 16. Javier Bardem 17. Penelope Cruz 18. Mo'Nique 19. Octavia Spencer 20. Lupita Nyong'o
- Jamie Foxx and Morgan Freeman
- Best Actor in a Lead Role for Ray, 2004
Best Actor in a Supporting Role for Million Dollar Baby, 2004
- Jamie Foxx became the first African-American actor to receive two nominations in acting categories in the same year. He won Best Actor for his protrayl of Ray Charles in Ray. He lost in the supporting category to Morgan Freeman who won for his role as Eddie 'Scrap-Iron' Dupris in Million Dollar Baby. Age 67 at the time, Freeman became the oldest African-American actor to win an Oscar.
- Photo source: AP Photo/Reed Saxon
- Did you know?
- For more than a billion Muslims around the world, Ramadan is a "month of blessing" marked by prayer, fasting, and charity.